Saturday 14 December 2013

Silly little online tests.

 

Twice this week, probably because I have so little to do, ha ha ha, I have been tempted to try out these little tests to see where I sit politically. Yes of course that is because I am so completely unaware.

Well really the results were no surprise to me, or at least they weren’t after I looked up what Nihilism was.

·        the general rejection of established social conventions and beliefs, especially of morality and religion

·        a belief that life is pointless and human values are worthless

·        the belief that there is no objective basis for truth

·        the belief that all established authority is corrupt and must be destroyed in order to rebuild a just society

Well that is quite a lot isn’t it? And when I see all that together I reckon the tests must be rubbish, except that a lot of that stuff does sit well with me. I don’t like to do as I am told, anytime and certainly not, ‘just because’, and I do believe that we are ridiculously over governed, and don’t even get me started on religion!

The second one was more of the same, but instead of name calling ( I was also labelled an anarchist and an existentialist) it told me notable people who shared my political bent. Ayn Rand I was happy with and then I had to look up Milton Friedman and the Libertarian Party ( a fusion of Darwinian right wing economics and liberal positions on social issues. )

Anyway at the risk further boring anyone, I just thought it was interesting.

I wondered if anyone has every done one of these tests and gone, ‘ Well BUGGER ME!!! Really is that ME. I am not at all like that.’

I like to think that even if we don’t shout our beliefs from the rafters, we would all at least be happy to admit what we think in the privacy of our own minds, so we would not be shocked to learn some flash titles for ‘em. It makes sense that some academics have spent time defining and describing, and good for them. I only hope that perhaps said academics did not qualify for a government grant to cover their efforts.

Of course even a feeble minded person could probably fudge some of the answers, especially second time around, if they don’t like the results.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment