Thursday 23 January 2014

Southport Broadwater Parklands



Sometimes, if not too often in a cynical life, you can be pleased with how the bureaucrats spend your money.

I do not know and do not want to know just how much cash was splurged by the Gold Coast City Council on the Southport Broadwater Parklands,  but after having visited today, I must say that a lovely job has been done.

Zig and I swam in the tidal pool area, and he thoroughly enjoyed launching himself off the Lego man Pontoon thing. The parklands are vast and house a number of interesting sculptures and some odd looking shade shelters. The playgrounds are well equipped and maintained and I am only guessing but the Jumping Water Castle area seems like a lot of fun if too much for Zig, well actually just too much for me if I had to watch him put himself at risk if he threw himself off the heights like the big boys were doing.

I was surprised that there wasn't any ice cream seller or mobile foodie thing of any sort. There is a cafĂ© on the far otherside near the car park, and I can only guess that they have it all sewn up. I reckon an old Mr Whippy van would make an excellent bit of coin on the weekend if it just rolled up on the side of the road.

Anyway it's a great place for the kids and I enjoyed it too. Maybe next holiday we will remember that it is there and go again. Get some value out of the rates dollar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment