Wednesday 26 February 2014

AWL Fundraising aka chicksatlunch.



Off for a fundraising lunch today and I must admit that I was a little apprehensive.

It was all a good bit of fun and silliness. I met a smorgasbord of women of different ages and interests, and bought lunch and raffle tickets and paid to play heads and bums - yeh it is a primary school classic but the winner went away with a bottle of decent plonk. I offended a woman when I said the thing she had won was maybe the ugliest thing I had ever seen. This was before I realised that the winners got to choose their prizes. I do believe she spent a few seconds convincing herself that I had said something else and that she had just misheard the slight. I won a prize and picked through the nylon covered hangers to grab a beautiful bunch of orchids. Very pretty indeed.

There was a geriatric magician who's arthritis made some of the slight of hand more than a little stilted and I think he was a bit smelly, but that might have been all part of the act.

The musicians must have gotten lost on the way and so a couple of the women tried to fill in with some humming and crooning. And the kitchen staff might well have done a MKR FAIL by forgetting to turn the oven on and our meals were delayed until after 2pm. This allowed plenty of time for wine bottles to be emptied and champers to be downed.

It was certainly fun. My only regret is that I chose to sit facing out to the water and the boats, next time I will face the gaggle of girls so that I can get a really good look at em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment