Wednesday 12 February 2014

Serendipitty






I have been composing a new art piece in my brain for a few weeks now. No not this piece, it's old but I do like her!

I watched a recorded episode of 'Colour in your Life' and the Mccanns were showcased. No I didn't know who they were either. Lucy does watercolours and Barry does acrylics. I liked the way Barry painted even if I thought all the maths and geometry was too much for me to be bothered with.

They are both teachers as well as full time artists.

They run regional workshops all around Australia.

They are having a workshop all weekend here at the RQAS at Broadie.

Well, I reckon this might just be the kick start I really needed.

I rang the listed number and was sent to answer phone. I hope that they ring me back.

It seems to me that this might be one of those, 'meant to be moments'.

I reckon I might head out there tomorrow and check it out.

I have been procrastinating about getting started so I hope that this thinking is not part of the procrastination. Last week saw hours spent cleaning and tidying my studio, so I could get painting, but still no brush has been dunked.

It's a pity that the Gallery is closed cos otherwise I might have driven over NOW. Or maybe NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment